- Pierre DUCRET, Chair, I4CE and Board Member, Finance for Tomorrow
Registration and Welcome Coffee
- Philippe ZAOUATI, Chair, Finance for Tomorrow & CEO, Mirova
- Brune POIRSON, Secretary of State attached to the Minister of State, Minister of Ecological and Solidary Transition
Aligning capital flows: Are we on track ?
This session will be sequenced as a talk show divided between fireside chats, one to one interview and insights from experts.
The mobilization of the financial community is a major component of the Paris Agreement and condition to the achievement of global climate goals. Three years later, it is essential to measure progresses and to sustain the worldwide momentum. This session will aim to take stock on action and to check if the global financing dynamics are in line with the 2°C trajectory over the long-term. It will showcase experts’ feedback, highlight concrete and innovative projects, and will propose a “forward-looking” approach for the fight against climate change.
Moderator: Audrey PULVAR, Chair, Fondation pour la Nature et l’Homme
- Joachim ALPEN, Executive Vice President and Co-head for division Large Corporates and Financial Institutions, SEB
- Sasja BESLIK, Head of Sustainable Finance, Nordea
- Catherine HOWARTH, Chief Executive, ShareAction
- Laurence BRETON-MOYER, Executive Director Strategy, Partnerships & Communication, AFD
- Padraig OLIVER, Manager, Climate Policy Initiative
- Kaisie RAYNER, Senior Manager Fund Development & Responsible Investment, Scottish Widows
- François RIAHI, Chief Executive Officer, Natixis
- Kong WEI, Partner, Zhong Lun Law Firm, Co-chair of the FC4S network
What does real economy expect from climate finance?
- Gilles SCHNEPP, Chairman of the Board, Legrand
- Eric LOMBARD, CEO Caisse des Dépôts
Central Banks and Supervisors input on greening the financial system
Central Banks and Supervisors play a unique role in the financial system, securing its overall structure and mobilizing capita, on the global as well as the local level. Through the “Network of Central Banks and Supervisors for Greening the Financial System” (NGFS), their collaboration at an international scale is a potent signal for the development of an adequate policy framework for sustainable finance. Which tools can supervisors and regulators use to ease the transition towards a low carbon economy? This session will aim to present the networks’ activities with a high-level analysis of regulators objectives and progresses.
Moderator: Sylvie GOULARD, Deputy-Governor, Banque de France
- Abderrahim BOUAZZA, General Manager, p Bank Al-Maghrib
- Sarah BREEDEN, Executive Director for International Banks Supervision at the Prudential Regulation Authority
- Dave JONES, California Insurance Commissioner
- Daniel KLIER, Chair, IIF Sustainable Finance Working Group and Global Head of Sustainable Finance
HSBC- Abdelatif JOUAHRI, Chairman and Governor, Bank Al Maghrib
- Luiz PEREIRA, Deputy General Manager, Bank for International Settlements (BIS)
- Philippe BRASSAC, Chief Executive Officer, Crédit Agricole SA
Private Equity for Green
Facing climate change, economic players need support from the financial sector to transform their business strategies and models. Only inventive financial products will be able to foster innovation. Private equity players are on the first line to take risks and to provide businesses with patient capital and strategic support. The parallel session on Private Equity for Green will highlight best practices to scale up funding toward companies’ sustainable projects.
Moderator: Dominique GAILLARD, CEO Ardian, France Invest
- Anette EBERHARD, Managing Partner, PKA AIP (tbc)
- Andrée-Lise METHOT, Chief Executive Officer, Cycle Capital
- Sophie PATURLE, Managing Partner, Demeter
- Martin SKANCKE, Chair, Principles for Responsible Investment
Green Loans Development
Following green bonds creations, 10 years ago, green loans appeared very recently to finance green activities and assets. How can they be implemented, what are there useful for and what could be their impact? The parallel session on “Green Loans” will study how banks can innovate to develop efficient and practical financing tools, helping companies to transform their practices and build sustainable business models.
Moderator : Sébastien SOLEILLE, Head of Energy transition, BNP Paribas
- Sevinç ACAR, Investment Director Fixed Income, PGGM
- Stéphanie AH TOW, Senior Relationship Manager, Corporate and Institutional Banking, MCB
- Tony BALLABRIGA, Global head of sustainable business de BBVA
- Joseph LARROSE, Director Group Sustainability, Touton
- Mesbah UDDIN AHMED, Head of Corporate & Green Business, IDLC Finance
Side-Event: Fintech for Tomorrow
Finance for Tomorrow wants to leverage the digital transition to contribute to the green transition. The fight against climate change requires to mobilize our capacity to innovate, to imagine new solutions, and to change scale. Therefore, Finance for Tomorrow brings the innovation topic at the heart of Climate Finance Day with the launch of a Challenge “Fintech for Tomorrow”, to identify fintech projects able to accelerate the financing of the energy and ecological transition.
“Mainstreaming” Climate for a low-carbon and inclusive economy
organized by the Climate Action in Financial Institutions Initiative
The Climate Action in Financial Institutions initiative is a coalition of public and private financial institutions around the globe aiming to adopt a pathway to systematically integrate or “Mainstream” climate change considerations across their strategies, programs and operations. Organized by I4CE, the Secretariat of the initiative, the session will focus on the impact of commitments on business models, on organizational strategies, and in fine on local projects. How can financial institutions build a sustainable business model contributing to the transition to a low-carbon and inclusive economy?
Moderator: Benoit LEGUET, CEO, I4CE
- Ubaldo ELIZONDO, Climate Change Coordinator CAF, Development Bank of Latin America
- Pierre FORESTIER, Director TA - Blending and Sustainable Development department, Proparco - AFD Group
- Nejia GHARBI, Deputy Director-General – Tunisian Caisse des Dépôts et Consignations
- Emmanuel MARTINEZ, Group Environment Director, Société Générale
- Daniel KLIER, Group Head of Strategy and Global Head of Sustainable Finance, HSBC
- Monica SCATASTA, Head of Environment, Climate and Social Policy, European Investment Bank
- Namita VIKAS*, Group President & Global Head, Climate Strategy & Responsible Banking, Vice- President, YesBank
Fire-side chat : “Network of financial centers for sustainability: a new impulse for sustainable finance”
Moderator: Nick ROBINS, Professor of Practice in Sustainable Finance, LSE
-Pierre DUCRET, Chair, I4CE, Board Member, Finance for Tomorrow & Co-chair of the FC4S network
- Kong WEI, Partner, Zhong Lun Law Firm, Co-chair of the FC4S network
- Anne HIDALGO, Mayor of Paris, Chair of C40
- François VILLEROY DE GALHAU, Governor, Banque de France
Cocktail reception & networking
This website will be regularly updated