The first ever Climate Week Paris will showcase how climate action makes good business sense – and a strong global deal means a smart economy. Taking place 200 days before COP21, Climate Week Paris will host more than 20 events, with global corporate and government leaders.
- 8:30am – 6:30pm The financial sector and climate change – measuring climate performance and carbon risk. This conference presents the global state of the art of climate performance metrics and risk models for financial institutions. With two roundtables focused on low-carbon indices and risk metrics, it will involve interventions from over 30 leading organisations including Moody’s, S&P, FTSE.
- 10:00am – 11:30am Wind Energy Solutions for COP. Organised by France Énergie Éolienne, this event will show how wind energy professionals are actively mobilised in the road to COP21 through different actions.
- 8:00pm – 9:00pm « Under the wings of Solar impulse », an exhibition of the solar plane SOLAR IMPULSE 1. Solvay and Universcience host a private reception to celebrate the arrival of Solar Impulse 1 at the Cité des sciences et de l’industrie in Paris. The agenda includes speeches by Solvay’s CEO, the museum’s president and the ministers as well as a recorded message from the Solar Impulse’s pilots; a cocktail dinner and discussions around four themes: sustainable mobility; energy transition; eco-processes and solutions embedded on Solar Impulse.
MAY 20 – Business and Climate Summit
- Business & Climate Summit. 200 days before the UN Climate Change Conference in Paris, the May 20-21 Business & Climate Summit provides a unique forum for business and government leaders to demonstrate bold action, adopt forward-looking strategies and call for ambitious policies that will allow us to scale up solutions. Organized by major business networks including Entreprises pour l’Environnement, the World Business Council for Sustainable Development and UN Global Compact, and supported by We Mean Business, the Summit aims to send a powerful message to climate negotiators that forward-thinking businesses want an effective treaty, and that they themselves are setting ambitious carbon targets, reporting emissions and scaling up smart energy investment.
- 8:00am – 9:45am Innovative finance for climate resilience. This dialogue on innovative finance for climate resilience working breakfast brings together investors, policy makers and practitioners involved in climate risk management to foster discussions on greater private and public investments in climate-resilient infrastructures, water-related and agribusiness sectors.
- 9:00am – 12:00pm Facing climate change: turning urban challenges into opportunities. UNEP will present its new initiative “ABC of Sustainable Cities”, a publication currently being prepared by UNEP and FIDIC, aiming to clarify broadly used terms and words in order to further support a common understanding and promotion of sustainable cities as well as the implementation of related sound policies.
- 10:00am – 12:00pm Science based targets – why businesses are aligning their goals with the planet. This side event will show why and how businesses are accelerating progress towards a low-carbon economy. It will include discussions with corporate leaders who are already setting greenhouse gas (GHG) targets, as well as a presentation of the Sectoral Decarbonization Approach, a new methodology to set corporate GHG targets aligned with climate science.
- 10:00am – 12:00pm Low carbon built environment. The roundtable will gather high level experts to discuss how architect, town planners and engineers, alongside the construction, real-estate, materials & technology and financial communities, can work together to showcase solutions for the built environment that can be deployed in Europe and inspire worldwide action.
MAY 21 – Business and Climate Summit
- 6:30pm – 8:30pm Sustainable Innovation Forum 2015 (SIF15) Stakeholder Launch Event. The Sustainable Innovation Forum 2015 (SIF15) Stakeholder Launch Event will bring together key stakeholders involved with SIF15 as well as other complementary delegations for an evening of high-level networking.
MAY 22 – Climate Finance Day
- 8:15am- 18:15pm Climate Finance Day
- 9:00am – 12:00pm Spring Forum Series 2015: Fast Mitigation for High-Emitting Sectors. Organised by Business for Social Responsibility (BSR), this event will focus on opportunities related to reducing the emissions of short-lived climate pollutants. It will explore how high-emitting sectors such as transport, which is responsible for approximately one-fifth of black carbon emissions, and oil and gas, which is the second-largest emitter of methane after agriculture, can develop fast-mitigation strategies.
More information: www.climateweekparis.org/
This website will be regularly updated